How to Go Green for Paddy’s Day!
Food colorings are a great thing to use as a temporary dye, in part because they’re not harsh and won’t damage your hair.
Things You’ll Need
- Green food colouring
- Latex gloves
- Empty plastic bottle
- Put on your gloves. As a general rule, anything that will dye your hair can dye your skin as well—and this rule certainly applies to food coloring.
- Fill a shampoo bottle about a quarter of the way. Empty your bottle of green food coloring into it. Add about 1 tbsp. of water. Shake for about two minutes.
- Cover your shoulders with an old towel to protect your clothing.
- Apply the mixture to your hair a little at a time, working from the roots until all your hair is covered.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for approximately 30 minutes, enough time to saturate your hair with the green dye. Adjust the time based on your hair color—lighter hair will need less time and darker hair will need more time.
- Rinse the dye out with lukewarm water. Dry your hair with a clean towel.