Festival Season, Festival Hair
Nothing says La Dolce Vita like a summer music festival! Festival season in Ireland is almost here and there’s lots to look forward to – the bands, the booze and the beautiful weather (okay maybe that’s wishful thinking!) But let’s face it, by the end of the day no matter what the weather was like, everyone starts to look like a dog’s particularly unappetising dinner. The Barbiere team recommend a few party-proof styles that, with the help of the Medavita styling range, will keep you looking cool from dawn until dusk.
The Festival Throw Back
This is a simple 50’s throw back, one of the first hairstyles to develop post war. This style spelled out the end of men wearing hats and the birth of rock ‘n’ roll style, a classic because it will never date or be out of fashion.
- Start with a hair cut short around the ears, keeping the hair quite long on top and leaving the back and sides
- Blow dry some Medavita Light or Medium Hold Gel through the hair pushing it away from the face
- Finish by smoothing some Medavita Soft Hold Matt Wax to give the style a bit of texture
The Festival Grunge
This is a very modern take on 90’s grunge hair, inspired by the legendary Kurt Cobain. The hair should look loose and uncared for throughout the day, leaving you with nothing to worry about apart from the queue for the loo.
- Apply Medavita Light Hold Gel to damp hair for a sweat resistant formula and blow dry in
- Back comb the roots only, starting at the front and working back
- Use a bristle brush to push the hair back and over to one side and finish by scrunching in some Medavita Soft Hold Matt Wax to shape your style leaving a natural matt effect. If you prefer a wet look, style with the Light Hold Gel.
The Festival Rocker
First seen in the late 80’s on frontmen like Michael Hutchence from INXS, this look was taken and reworked from the late 60’s rock stars such as Jim Morrison of The Doors and blended with the 80’s house scene.
- Lean forward and blow dry your hair to give volume to the roots.
- Place a parting in the centre or push all the hair back off the face.
- Lean forward again and apply some Medavita Light or Medium Hold Gel by squeezing it into roots and then stand up to style the curls and waves, giving you long lasting hold and a slightly messy look. If you prefer a matt look, go for Medavita Soft Hold Matt Wax.
Simple as that – three styles to make sure you look your cool and stylish during all the hot and raucous fun. It’s the Barbiere (festival) way.